Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
About your Payments:
For full information on the University’s payment regulations, please read Part H of the Corporate General Regulations here: Payment Regulations.
- This site is for payments made by, or on behalf of, Students who are registered with the University.
- Your payment will normally reach your University account within three working days.
- Please ensure that you enter your details accurately – we cannot accept liability for payment not reaching the correct University account due to you entering incorrect details.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused by your card issuer for any reason – you should address any refusal through your card issuer. Please note that we will not be in a position to inform you if your card issuer declines payment; if in doubt, you should check that the payment has been deducted from your account through your card issuer.
- You are responsible for any other bank charges incurred.
- In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
Overpayments and Refunds:
- Payments will be applied to the Student’s University account in accordance with the details submitted electronically.
- In the event that an overpayment is made in respect of any fee, the credit balance arising will be used to offset any debt or invoice on the Student’s account (whether arising from tuition, accommodation, or any other legitimate charge) in due date order. Exceptions will only be made following agreement with the Head of Financial Services.
- If there is no other debt or invoice, then the credit balance will be refunded in accordance with the University’s normal procedures. The University will endeavour to return the overpayment within two weeks of the overpayment.
- Where a refund is sought for any other reason, the University’s refund policies in force at the date the refund is sought shall apply. Details of terms and conditions governing refunds of fees where no credit balance exists are available, as follows:
*Tuition Fees: Please refer to Part H of the University Regulations
*Accommodation: Please refer to your Residential Licence Agreement
- If a payment is made not using GBP Sterling (£), any refund of this original payment, be it full or partial, will be subject to a £15 charge and be open to exchange rate fluctuations. The University of Lincoln cannot accept responsibility for any foreign exchange losses made when refunds are issued.
- The payment of fees via this online facility does not on its own constitute an agreement between you and the University. A contract will only come into being when separate conditions for the provision of a service have been fulfilled, for example the completion of an enrolment form or residential licence agreement.
- If you would like to pay for your fees with this facility, but you are concerned about the security and reliability of the service, please be assured that your payment details are automatically secured and encrypted when you enter them.
Privacy and Data Protection:
For full information on our data usage, please read our corporate privacy notice here: Privacy Notice. The University provides this online payment facility as a service to you. We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
We will only use information entered on this site for the following purposes:
- Administration of your payment and maintenance of your account with us, including the issue of receipts by email and the administration of overpayments and refunds.
- To contact you about payments you have made.
- Prevention of fraud.
- Debt recovery.
Occasionally, we might need to share your information with other organisations to fulfil the above purposes. We will not otherwise sell, license or trade your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organisations. We do not store your credit or debit card information after payments have been processed.
By using this facility you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. Though the policy has been developed to take account of changes in Internet technology it is subject to change and any such changes will only be notified on this page.
The processing of personal data is regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any queries relating to this online payments facility, please contact:
Telephone: +44 (0)1522 886705
Fax: +44 (0)1522 886699
Postal Address: Finance Department, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS